Maintenance and Repair
The company’s work volumes were increasing exponentially, requiring new tools, skills, and processes to successfully manage future growth. The shop struggled with resource utilization, lack of process standardization, excessive material handling, and documentation errors.
The Dorsey Group partnered with the company to implement a workload management tool, empower behavioral changes, and help employees identify, prioritize, and resolve problems that hurt performance.
- 50% reduction in cycle time per unit
- Doubled work center capacity without adding headcount
- 45% reduction in mechanic time spent gathering materials
- 57% reduction in documentation errors
- $636,000 labor cost savings by reducing non-value added process activities
- $3.2M additional revenue through increased capacity and labor utilization
- $121,000 saved streamlining material handling processes