A specialties manufacturing company was consistently requiring mandatory overtime and weekend work to keep up with their weekly production schedule. This created problems for the maintenance team and sterilization crews whose scheduled downtimes were constantly interrupted.
The company partnered with the Dorsey Group to empower behavioral changes in supervisors and their teams, verify all production materials and components 24 hours prior to the scheduled start, and require area to be producing a quality product within 10 minutes of shift start-up.
- 88% reduction in material shortages
- Mandatory weekend work eliminated
- 42% improvement in on-time delivery
- 40% decrease in annual turnover
- 45% improvement in key equipment OEE
- $48 million in additional annual production without raising headcounts
- $24 million profit to the bottom line
- Ability to schedule 21 additional jobs per month through the plant bottleneck